Dell D6000 is one of the highest-rated docks on this page for a reason. It simply just works and offers everything you could ask for from a docking station. It allows you to connect multiple displays through HDMI/DisplayPort, charges the laptop with 65W power pass-through delivery, and has a few other inputs for peripherals. The build quality is great and it has a Kensington lock so it is also a great fit for corporate desks.
It does also work with the new M1 MacBooks and allows you to connect multiple displays via DisplayLink technology.
- Single Display 5120 x 2880 @ 60Hz (Dual DP required)
- Dual Display 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (DP) + 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (DP/HDMI)
- Triple Display 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (DP) + 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (DP/HDMI) + 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz (DP/HDMI).
- 130W AC Adapter
- Dell Universal Dock – D6000
- USB-C cable
- USB-A adapter attached (image below)
Dell D600 ReviewDell D600 Review
Compatibility with different types of laptops5/5 AmazingThis docking station will work with macOS, Windows, and Linux without a problem. It's a great and versatile solution for corporate desks
Durability and shape5/5 AmazingHas great build quality and doesn't collect dust.
Charging5/5 Amazing65W power pass-trough is enough to charge a laptop, power connected peripherals.
- 65W power pass-trough charging via separate power unit
- Great build quality
- Include separate power unit
- One of the most expensive docks out there
- You cannot detach USB-A adapter